Associate AIA Membership
Associate AIA membership is for those who want to learn, network, and shape the future of the architecture profession. This is your membership if you are not yet licensed as an architect, but are working towards licensure. You may also become an Associate AIA member if you do not have a license and do not plan to become licensed, but have a degree in architecture or a related field.
Associate AIA membership is a membership in American Institute of Architects (AIA) as well as the Boston Society of Architects (BSA).
Associate AIA dues are waived for the first year after graduation.
Choose one of the following applications:
- NAAB-accredited architecture program
- NON-NAAB-accredited architecture program
Member benefits include:
- Online continuing-education transcript
- Free registration to the ARE Success Teams program
- Access to members-only directories on architects.org
- Access to a wealth of research, career resources, and partner discounts through AIA National
- 25% off AIA Contract Documents
- Discounted attendance at BSA events and workshops
- Discounted workshops at ABX
- Discounted admission to daily Boston Architecture Cruises
- Advance mailings about awards, programs and competitions
- Invitation to members-only events
- Free notary services at our Boston office
Are You An ARE Candidate?
If So, Apply for the Boston Society of Architects Future Architect Scholarship Program!
The BSA Future Architect Scholarship Program enables individuals who are working towards their licensure to apply for up-to five consecutive years of State and Local (BSA only) dues waived for Associate AIA membership.
What do I need?
If you have your NCARB number, are sitting for the AREs and have a registered architect supervisor, you already have everything you need to apply.
- You can receive this scholarship for up to five years if you have not already taken part in the "New Graduate" free year of membership.
- Those who did enter as "New Graduates" are able to round out their free membership allotment with an additional four years of waived dues through this program.
- Each new year of membership will be invoiced normally, and if you are eligible, you are responsible for re-applying for the BSA Future Architect Scholarship for that year.
All Associate renewals will include an application form for this program.
Feel free to get in touch with us about the Boston Society of Architects Future Architects Scholarship at [email protected].