Free and open to the public.
Join Emmanuel Andrade, co-chair of the Access Committee and Project Manager at DCAMM’s Statewide Accessibility Initiative, for a presentation on critical but often misunderstood issues in accessibility compliance for public projects. During this 60-minute session, Emmanuel will:
- Clarify some of the most common myths about accessibility compliance
- Discuss elements that are often overlooked during design and construction
- Bring forward code requirements that are "hidden" in 521 CMR, including the definition of building
- Compare parallel requirements of 521 CMR and the ADA to help understand which are more stringent, and therefore binding
- Provide tips on how to apply for a successful variance with the MAAB
Please invite your colleagues and consultants! Lunch will be provided, but please RSVP in advance.
For those who qualify, 1 LU/HSW is available.
This committee meeting is also available as a video conference. To join, open your browser and navigate to:
Meeting ID: 473 355 5948