Free and open to the public.
Join us for a panel discussion followed by open conversation on the subject of training, mentoring and generally supporting and nurturing project managers. We'll hear from two engineers and an architect about how their firms approach these initiatives. Roslyn Child AIA, co-chair and Senior Associate at Saam Architecture, has also spoken with several others and will share her takeaways from those conversations. Topics will include:
• Learning by training versus learning by doing
• Internal, in-house training versus outsourced, external training
• The organization and running of mentoring programs, especially in the hybrid work environment
• In-house resources that can support PM's such as templates or guides
• If most firms rely on learning by doing, what are the best tasks to introduce someone to project management?
We look forward to hearing from everyone about what they've found to be successful.
Jenn Johnson, Nitsch Engineering
Allison O'Neill, Gale Associates
Laura Portney AIA, Prellwitz Chilinski Associates