Free and open to the public.
1 LU AIA credit is available
To be an effective designer today, you need tools to quickly develop your designs and accurately communicate them to all project stakeholders. Join our presentation as we show how V-ray Next for Revit's features are helping designers to go from modeling to quality renders fast and with ease. We will also cover the new technology Rhino.Inside Revit, available for free with a Rhino 6 license, which provides a seamless two-way workflow between Rhino and Revit.
During this presentation, our AEC Application Specialist, Joseph Freund, will show tips and tricks for using V-ray Next for Revit as well as introduce workflows that are possible with Rhino.Inside Revit:
• Rhino.Inside Revit - New workflows from Rhino-to-Revit or Revit-to-Rhino are changing the game, eliminating the cumbersome processes of importing, exporting, and converting file types back-and-forth.
• Unique considerations to keep in mind when getting started using Rhino.Inside Revit.
• So you've finished your design in Revit, and now you need to showcase the project. V-Ray Next for Revit was developed specifically for designers working in Revit, naturally extending and complimenting the Revit workflow.
• V-ray Next for Revit is compatible with the Revit material library, so renderings can be produced right out-of-the-box. Additionally, the V-ray material library contains over 600 photorealistic materials and custom materials can be added with ease.
• Scene Intelligence can be used to analyze and automatically adjust settings for exposure, white balance, and depth of field to produce quicker and more photorealistic images. Lens effects can be added in post-production to add artifacts to images that are common features in photography.
• V-ray Swarm, Chaos Cloud, and up to 7 times faster rendering means quicker results and more flexibility to produce renderings and make revisions. Send renders to the Chaos Cloud before you board the plane in Boston and the completed renderings might be waiting for you when you land in LA!
About the Presenter
Joseph Freund is an AEC Application Specialist at Microsol Resources, an Autodesk Platinum Partner. He has provided technical support in AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360, Rhino, V-Ray, and Bluebeam and has over 7 years’ experience working in architecture. He has experience designing single-family homes, healthcare facilities, and affordable housing and is interested in the relationship between technology and the designer; particularly how generative design can be enabled to develop spatial solutions that are intelligently driven by data, while elegantly incorporating aesthetic motifs.
Among his software specialties include AutoCAD, Revit, Dynamo, Rhino, and Grasshopper. Joseph received his Master of Architecture from Iowa State University, and his Bachelor of Science in Electromechanical Engineering from Loras College.
To learn more about the Revit Users Group, visit architects.org/knowledge-communities/revit-users-group