Skip to content
Existing Conditions Brand Resources EXISTING CONDITIONS LOGO 1 C WHITE CMYK copy

Providing architects with comprehensive building documentation through laser scanning & building information modeling.

Providing architects with comprehensive building documentation through laser scanning & building information modeling.

GET STARTED

Building Material Transparency: managing fluorescent lamps safely and legally

  • COST

    Free and open to the public

  • TYPE

    Knowledge Community

  • AUDIENCE

    Professionals

Building Material Transparency: managing fluorescent lamps safely and legally

Join us to explore the challenges and opportunities surrounding the legal, safe management of mercury-containing products (e.g., fluorescent lamps). Disposing mercury products in the trash is illegal in Massachusetts, yet only 31% of fluorescent lamps in the state are recycled. The remaining 69% pose a danger to public health and the environment. Come learn how YOU can promote worker safety, protect the environment, and build material transparency through this multi-stakeholder conversation.

Speakers include:

Scott Cassel, Founder and CEO, Product Stewardship Institute

Dave Sherman, Director of Sales, American Lamp Recycling

Christine Mathis, Environment Engineer, Burlington, MA Board of Health

For those who qualify, 1.5 LUs are available.

This event is being co-sponsored by the Boston Society of Architects, the Construction Specifications Institute, the U.S. Green Building Council, and the Product Stewardship Institute.

To learn more about the Committee on the Environment, visit architects.org/committees/committee-environment-cote

Gillette trim2

Leading-Edge, Sustainable Stadium Design

Professional sports stadiums form large complexes with enormous impacts on the environment and local communities. In this video/CEU the executives and consultants involved in the design and daily operation of Gillette Stadium and Mercedes-Benz Stadium discuss the challenges and opportunities of sustainable stadium design.

Executives and consultants involved in the design and daily operation of Gillette Stadium and Mercedes-Benz Stadium discuss the challenges and opportunities of sustainable stadium design.

Register

EXCEL CMYK Logo