Free and open to the public
Accessibility Compliance: “Pro Tips” from the DCAMM Statewide Accessibility Initiative
Join Emmanuel Andrade, co-chair of the Access Committee and Project Manager at DCAMM’s Statewide Accessibility Initiative, for a presentation on critical but often misunderstood issues in accessibility compliance for public projects. During this 60-minute session, Emmanuel will:
- Clarify some of the most common myths about accessibility compliance
- Discuss elements that are often overlooked during design and construction
- Bring forward code requirements that are "hidden" in 521 CMR, including the definition of building
- Compare parallel requirements of 521 CMR and the ADA to help understand which are more stringent, and therefore binding
- Provide tips on how to apply for a successful variance with the MAAB
The Access Committee will also be announcing and presenting a new outreach initiative at the January meeting.
Please invite your colleagues and consultants! Lunch will be provided, but please RSVP in advance.
For those who qualify, 1.5 LUs are available
To learn more about the Access Committee, visit architects.org/committees/access-committee
Click "Register" to attend