Free and open to the public
MSBC Ch 7: Fire & Smoke Protection - misunderstood requirements
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Advocacy news:John Nunnari, Executive Director of AIA/MA and/or Felex Zemel, Technical Director, DPS /BBRS
- News about the status of pending bill, code changes, and significant regulatory activity.
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- MSBC Chapter 7: Fire and Smoke Protection – a survey of common misunderstood requirements
- The building code has many very technical chapters, and Chapter 7 is one of the most nuanced.
- Guest Speaker: Doug Anderson, manager of the code advisory group, C3 Consulting. During this presentation Doug will cover a number of topics that can easily be misunderstood or missed in design or in the field. These are the issues Building Inspectors look for.
For those who qualify, 1.5 LUs/HSW are available
To learn more about the Codes Committee, visit architects.org/committees/codes-committee