Free and open to the public
A Bottom Up/Top Down Approach to Ambulatory Master Planning
John Muir Health includes two medical centers and over 30 outpatient sites of care in Contra Costa County, CA. The Innova Group is leading integrated strategic facility master plans for the hospitals and the ambulatory network that incorporate current strategic initiatives, operational demands, regulatory requirements and major end-of-life investments through 2030. The plans will coordinate and optimize facility capital investments resulting in an integrated and actionable, phased year by year capital plan. This session will present a case study on the ambulatory master plan, including:
- The overall framework and workplan for the integrated master plan
- The functional and experience assessments, space utilization studies, and market coverage studies
- The resulting comprehensive fact base of facility information: condition, quality, age, utilization, lease end
- A proprietary population-based ambulatory needs tool to forecast space and provider needs by submarket
- The development of an ambulatory care distribution plan that combines the strategic/population based needs with the fact base of existing conditions
Wendy M. Weitzner, FACHE, Partner with the Innova Group will lead the presentation.
For those who qualify, 1.5 LU/HSWs are available.
To learn more about the Healthcare Facilities Committee, visit architects.org/committees/healthcare-facilities-committee
Click Register to attend.