Accessibility Compliance: “Pro Tips” from the DCAMM Statewide Accessibility Initiative
Join Emmanuel Andrade, co-chair of the Access Committee and Project Manager at DCAMM’s Statewide Accessibility Initiative, for a presentation on critical but often misunderstood issues in accessibility compliance for public projects. During this 60-minute session, Emmanuel will:
- Clarify some of the most common myths about accessibility compliance
- Discuss elements that are often overlooked during design and construction
- Bring forward code requirements that are "hidden" in 521 CMR, including the definition of building
- Compare parallel requirements of 521 CMR and the ADA to help understand which are more stringent, and therefore binding
- Provide tips on how to apply for a successful variance with the MAAB
Please invite your colleagues and consultants! Lunch will be provided, but please RSVP in advance.
1.5 LU/HSW AIA credits are available.