Free and open to the public
Join Women in Design Boston for our Second Event in a Yearlong Negotiation Series
If you don’t ask you don’t get. Women are roughly 2-3 times less likely to initiate negotiations than men and often do not hold out as long for their needs. This year Women in Design is delving into this topic with events and programming that demystify negotiation, develop the negotiating skills and encourage a culture of asking for what we want to build shared value.
Negotiation, The Skills:
The best thing you can do to up your negotiation skills is to practice using them. In this hands-on workshop, we will discuss strategies for successful negotiation--with a special focus on strategies for women--and then we will put them to use through group exercises. We will identify our opportunities for negotiation and prepare with the support of others. Practice makes perfect.
- Carrie Hawley – Co-chair of Women’s Principal Group at BSA and Senior Principal at HLB Lighting Design
- Jeanne Lukenda – Co-chair of Women’s Principal Group at BSA and former principal at CRJA
- Joanne Linowes – Career Coach with Linowes Executive Development Institute
- Sarah Lindenfeld - Associate Principal at Payette and Alumni Co-chair of the BSA Women in Design Group
- Yanel de Angel - Associate Principal at Perkins+Will
- Rachel Zsembery - Principal at Bergmeyer
To learn more about Women in Design, visit architects.org/committees/women-design
Click "Register" to attend