Harleston Parker Medal
Established in 1921 in memory of Boston architect J. Harleston Parker with the first medal given in 1923, this highest honor awarded by the Boston Society of Architects/AIA recognizes “the most beautiful piece of architecture, building, monument or structure within the City or Metropolitan Parks District limits.”
The call for nominations is currently closed.
Dearborn STEM Academy
designed by Jonathan Levi Architects
for the City of Boston
- 2020: Dearborn STEM Academy (Jonathan Levi Architects)
- 2019: The Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Campus Center (Hopkins Architects with Bruner/Cott)
- 2018: Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex (Payette)
- 2017: Boston Public Library, Johnson Buidling Transformation (William Rawn Associates, Architects)
- 2016: Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building (Mecanoo Architecten with Sasaki)
- 2015: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Addition (Renzo Piano Building Workshop with Stantec)
- 2014: MFA Art of the Americas Wing (Foster + Partners with CBT Architects)
- 2013: Roger E. Wellington Elementary School (Jonathan Levi Architects with Stantec Architecture)
- 2012: MIT Media Lab (Maki and Associates in assocation with Leers Weinzapfel Associates)
- 2011: Harvard Graduate Student Housing (Kyu Sung Woo Architects)
- 2010: New Cambridge Public Library (William Rawn Associates with Ann Beha Architects)
- 2009: Parker Community Boathouse (Anmahian Winton Architects)
- 2008: Genzyme Center (Behnisch, Behnisch & Partner; House & Robertson Architects; Next Phase Studios)
- 2007: Institute of Contemporary Art (Diller Scofidio + Renfro with Perry Dean Rogers Partners)
- 2006: Wang Campus Center, Wellesley College (Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects)
- 2005: Building H/College of Computer and Information Sciences and Residence Hall, Northeastern University (William Rawn Associates)
- 2004: Simmons Hall, MIT (Steven Holl Architects and Perry Dean Rogers Partners)
- 2003: Honan-Allston Branch/Boston Public Library (Machado and Silvetti Associates)
- 2002: Northeastern University Multi-Faith Center (Office dA)
- 2001: Boston Public Library renovation (Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott)
View winners from 1923 to 2000 on the Harleston Parker Medal Wikipedia page.
You may visit past BSA Design Awards winners here.
Each year the Boston Society of Architects/AIA (BSA/AIA), often in collaboration with other organizations, sponsors awards programs to honor design excellence in Massachusetts, throughout New England, and beyond. By recognizing remarkable achievements in architecture, the design community highlights exemplary projects that serve as inspiration for practitioners. Equally important, these awards elevate the potential for positive impact that architecture has on quality of life for everyone.