Historic Resources Committee Resources
Find us on LinkedIn! Visit the group here.
The BSA Historic Resources Committee periodically issues opinions in response to requests from allied organizations.
If you are seeking assistance with a project of historical significance, please contact the committee chairs.
- Sally Zimmerman, Preservation Specialist, Historic Homeowner Program, Historic New England, "Energy Costs in an Old House: Balancing Preservation and Energy Efficiency," September 2008.
- Jay Wickersham, FAIA, and Chris Milford, AIA, "Threat to Ames Shovel Shop and H. H. Richardson Landmarks in North Easton," September 2008.
- John Allan, "Points of Balance", Architectural Review, 23 May 2007. Ideas inspired by the conference, "Mending Modernism."
- William Bryant Logan, Oak, The Frame of Civilization, New York: Norton, 2005.
Historic Buildings and Architecture Links
HABS online brochure
History and historic preservation organizations, regulatory agencies
- Association for Preservation Technology
- Massachusetts Historical Commission (MHC)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- State Board of Building Regulations and Standards information on the Massachusetts State Building Code
Architectural history and historical sites
- Building America's Industrial Revolution: The Boott Cotton Mills of Lowell, Massachusetts
- Great Buildings website
Publications and technical information / treatment of historic buildings, energy conservation
- ICCROM International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property publications
- National Park Service -- Preservation
- Secretary of the Interior Standards for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings
- Technical Preservation Services -- Preservation Briefs
- ASTM Comparison of Architectural Conservation Standards
Our favorite blogs
- Matthew Bronski's American Academy in Rome travel/research, 2009-2010
The AIA offers many online forums known as Knowledge Communities, which share information about industry topics. This Knowledge Community shares interests with our own, and may be a good resource for those interested in our committee.
- Historic Resources Committee
The mission of the Historic Resources Committee (HRC) Knowledge Community is to identify, understand, and preserve architectural heritage, both nationally and ...