Looking for continuing education opportunities? AIA credits are available through select BSA/AIA events. Check the list of Events for upcoming credit opportunities.
|License period||September - August||January - December|
|HSW (Health, Safety, Welfare) topics||12 hours||12 hours|
|Extra hours||Do not carry forward||Carry forward|
|Grace period||None||9 months|
|Credit tracking||Maintain your own CE records||Credits are tracked for you|
|Online transcript||No||Yes, view it here|
|CE events’ credits||Sign in and request a certificate of attendance every time you attend a CE-qualifying event.||Sign in with your AIA number at all CE events to be sure credits are recorded.|
|Audits||Send your certificates of attendance from any BSA events as verification of completed continuing education hours to the state licensing board.||If you are audited, print and send your transcript to the state licensing board with a copy of your AIA membership card.|
Architects who are not AIA members must meet state continuing education credit requirements. AIA architects must meet AIA/CES requirements. If these credits are completed between September and August, members can fulfill MA requirements as well.
Additional resources for the MA state requirements
- For details about the State of Massachusetts requirements for HSW continuing education hours visit the regulation page at Mass.gov.
- Learn more about the Board of Registration of architects from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website.
Additional resources for the AIA requirements
- Find AIA answers to questions concerning CE.
- Access the State Licensing MCE Requirements Map.
- Learn about the background on the AIA continuing education system.
Continuing education resources:
- View your AIA CE transcript
- Learn about self-reporting and online learning
- Find all AIA/CES providers
- CE resources from AIA National
- Contact the MA Division of Professional Licensure
Offering CE through the BSA/AIA:
BSA Allied members can submit their Greater Boston area "in-person" programs for AIA/CE credit through the BSA as part of their membership.
- For continuing education course requirements and submission guidelines, click here.
- If you are already a member, click here for the CE submission form.
- If you want to know more about becoming a BSA Allied member you can find more information about the benefits, and download an application form here.
Non-member AIA/CE Providers
- If you are already an AIA/CES provider and would like BSA to promote your event, please see our advertising opportunities.
- To view the CE provider services available via AIA national, visit the AIA’s website.
- The BSA hosts an annual Architecture/Design College Fair.
- AIA National offers ArchCareers.org.