Tamara Roy AIA (2012)
Named one of Boston’s Top 50 Power Women In Real Estate and the 2016 President of the Boston Society of Architects, Tamara is an architect and urban designer specializing in multifamily residential, academic, and commercial projects. Her housing portfolio includes over 2000 affordable and market rate units. She was the senior designer for the MassArt ‘Tree House’, described as the most interesting Boston high rise in years by the Boston Globe, and is currently designing ‘student housing for the future’ for Western Michigan University.Full Biography
Tamara Roy AIA
Principal and Tenure-track Faculty, Stantec Architecture Boston and Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Women in Design Award of Excellence, 2012 winner
Being a woman in a male-dominated profession has meant that Tamara has had to fight for her values, yet she continues to forge a path of optimism:
- artistic, expressive design
- collaboration with clients, users, community groups, and city agencies
- true teamwork in the office
- family-first work policies
- sustainability and affordability
- mentorship and advocacy for other women and minorities
- empowerment of women and minority partners and consultants
- collegiality and respect for all perspectives.
She hopes that her impact will be to foster a more diverse future for architectural design, process, and practice.